Things you will need for your VISA appointment
- Form I-20 issued by a DSO at the school where you wish to enroll.
- Printed Form DS-160, “Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application,” confirmation page.
- Passport valid for at least six months after you plan to enter the United States.
- Two-inch by two-inch photo of yourself (learn more about photo requirements).
- Receipt for your visa application fee payment.
- Receipt for your I-901 SEVIS fee payment.
- You have received acceptance to an SEVP-certified school. Your Form I-20 verifies this.
- You have the financial ability to pay for school costs plus living expenses (the amount shown on Form I-20). You may want to bring copies of financial documents you provided to the school where you want to enroll. These documents are evidence of the preparations you have made to finance your stay (e.g., bank statements).
- You are prepared for the academic program in which you plan to enroll. You may want to bring copies of any standardized test scores, academic transcripts, diplomas or certificates from previous study you provided as part of your application to the school where you want to enroll.
- Your stay in the United States is temporary (i.e., you are not permanently immigrating).
- The interviewing official may be interested in how you intend to use the education you receive in the United States when you return home.
If you are a Ryan International Group student or parent with questions about the I-20 or need additional information, please contact Stephanie Foster of the SEVIS Office at SFoster@HarrisburgU.edu. Please identify yourself as a Ryan International Group student/parent.