Experience a High Quality of Life
Harrisburg University is located in downtown Harrisburg, a charming mid-sized city that is the capital of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and home to a diverse and cosmopolitan community. It’s the ideal location for a university: small enough to offer a safe, secure environment for students, yet within easy driving or public transit distance from larger U.S. cities such as Philadelphia, New York City, and Washington, D.C.
Harrisburg may be mid-sized, but it overflows with opportunities from vast dining options to exciting entertainment venues including theatres, museums, sports fields, and more. Can you imagine the career opportunities in this thriving community? And, to further connect you to the city, every student receives a free membership to Harrisburg Young Professionals group.
The following industry sectors all have significant presence in the region:
- Advanced Materials and Diversified Manufacturing
- Biotechnology and Life Sciences
- Green Industries
- Health Care, Medical Research and Education
- Information and Communication Technology
- Business and Financial Services
- Food Processing and Agribusiness
- Technology Solutions and Support